Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds awsome to me. I hope to try it soon
Make and share this Red Onion Marmalade recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 red onions, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed )
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the onions,wine,vinegar,brown sugar and honey over medium heat stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved; then simmer until the consistency of marmalade, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the juices,continue to cook, stirring, until the juices are absorbed. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Serve at room temperature with steaks,or chicken.