1/1 Photo of Red Onion Marmalade
Elly in Canada's Note:
A jar will make a wonderful addition to a food basket. On the gift tag, suggest serving this savoury marmalade with meats, such as pork, lamb or beef. Or serve with crackers and a creamy cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With vegetable peeler, peel rind from orange in long strips.
- 2Scrape off white pith from rind; slice rind lengthwise into paper-thin strips. Set aside.
- 3In large saucepan, bring orange strips, sugar, onion, vinegar and salt to boil; boil for 1 minute. Stir in liquid pectin, mixing well. Remove from heat.
- 4Using tongs, divide onion and orange rind among three 1-cup (250 mL) hot canning jars. Pour in liquid, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) headspace. Cover with prepared lids; screw on bands fingertip tight.
- 5Boil in boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Let jars stand on rack until cool.
- 6Check that lids curve downward; refrigerate any that do not and use within 3 weeks. Store in cool dark place for up to 1 year.
- 8Pepper and Red Onion Marmalade: Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper or hot red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 207.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: