1/3 Photos of Red Onion Marmalade
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Got this out of the local paper. It is so good! You could use it on almost anything. It goes great on grilled cheese too! I'm not sure how many servings it makes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve onions lengthwise and cut into thin slices.
- 2Heat butter in large heavy skillet set over medium heat.
- 3When melted and hot, add onions and sugar and stir occasionally until onions are soft and start to caramelize, 10 to 15 minute.
- 4Add wine and 1/4 cup vinegar and stir until mixture almost comes to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer until liquids have evaporated and onion is shiny, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and sprinkle in salt, adding more if needed.
- 7For tarter taste, stir in another 2 to 3 teaspoons vinegar.
- 8The marmalade can be prepared 5 days ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- 9Reheat, stirring, just to warm before using. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g