Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can make these fritters 30 minutes before serving the entree. Chickpea flour (besan) is available from health-food stores. If it's unavailable, you can use plain flour instead
- 2 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 150 g thawed frozen peas
- 75 g chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- Combine the onion and peas in a large bowl. Sift over flour and cumin and gently toss to combine.
- Add the egg and stir until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 16 portions.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half the fritters and shallow-fry for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Reheat pan and repeat with remaining fritters.
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately.