To give these savory pastries a snap, sprinkle chopped anchovies on top before baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the the oil in a large pan. add onions and garlic. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Add herbs.
- 2Heat oven to 425°F.
- 3Roll out the puff pastry, make 4 6" round circles, Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Crimp the edges as you would a pie crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the remaining oil with the sun dried tomato paste and brush over the pastry, leaving a 1/2 " border bare.
- 5Place the sauteed onion mixture on each round, grind the pepper over each, lots of it! Drizzle a bit more olive oil on each.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- 7Serve hot, garnished with thyme sprigs.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion Galettes
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.6
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g