Recipe by Outta Here
A nice onion relish with a hint of orange. Serve with chicken or pork.
Top Review by teresas
Wonderful flavor. The orange really comes out in this dish. I did cut the recipe in half, and it only served the two of us. I guess we have hardy appetites. This is so easy to prepare, the hardest part is not stirring the onions. I served it with recipe #302766. They went together great. You have another winner here mikekey. Thanks for posting. :)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb red onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the red onions. Do not stir. Let the onions turn light brown, then turn and brown on the other side.
- When the onions are browned, add the balsamic vinegar and orange rind.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the liquid is almost gone.