Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light. Great alongside Indian Food, anything grilled or burgers.
- 2 cups red onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a med saucepan.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minute Uncover and cook 10 min or til liquid almost evaporates. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to two weeks.