Recipe by HuldaW
I saw the idea on a cooking show but could not locate it anywhere online so I decided to experiment and came up with this recipe. It is so simple that I probably shouldn't post it but it is a nice accompaniment to many dishes. With the Pomegranate Arils the dish just sparkles and is very festive looking.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large red onion
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup pomegranate arils
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pomegranate and lemon juices with balsamic vinegar and honey and stir to combine.
- Slice onion in half then in thin slices.
- Grind salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all together.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an half hour stirring every ten to fifteen minutes.
- Add pomegranate arils before serving.