Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This will dazzle your taste buds! From 30 Minute Meals. Mustard type barbecue sauces were brought over from England to the Southern states.
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar (or try rice wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat, or you may use broiler.
- Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and cook about 1 minute to incorporate.
- Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cover chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Place chicken on hot grill (or put in broiler) and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn.
- Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn once again and baste.
- Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.
Made for PRMR! I enjoyed making this meal. It smelled so good as I cooked it. I really loved that it had red onions as I am an onion lover. This will be a keeper. Thanks
Turned out well and everyone thought it had lots of flavor.
This was a hit at our house and it was quick and easy just the way I like after a long day of work.