1/5 Photos of Red Onion and Honey Mustard Barbecued Chicken
This will dazzle your taste buds! From 30 Minute Meals. Mustard type barbecue sauces were brought over from England to the Southern states.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or try rice wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat, or you may use broiler.
- 2Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- 3Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add brown sugar and cook about 1 minute to incorporate.
- 6Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry.
- 7Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- 8Cover chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 9Place chicken on hot grill (or put in broiler) and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn.
- 10Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes.
- 11Turn once again and baste.
- 12Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion and Honey Mustard Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 420.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts