Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black olives, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- to taste salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and stir in the onions to coat them with oil, then sprinkle with the sugar and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the vinegar and olives, season and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from he heat and stir in the butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then check the seasoning and toss with hot pasta.
- This sauce can also be served with cold pasta.
The flavors were OK, but for our taste need major tweeking. The balsamic overpower all the other flavors and there needs to be garlic and other herbs added. Used for oven-fried fish as a sauce.