Tyler's Cook's Note:
Mmmm. I wrap these potatoes in aluminum foil and throw them right on the grill with my meats. I use red/new potatoes, but this recipe can be used with yukon, gold, or any variation. I also used dried onion in the jar, because of ease and the flavor is just as good, however, fresh onion is wonderful too! I also use olive oil for a healthiner option in lieu of butter, but the butter sure does taste a little better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut new potatoes in thirds, half if you like them thicker.
- 2Place two sheets of foil (about 20 inches long) cross ways.
- 3Place 1 tablespoon of butter directly on the foil.
- 4Place 5 of the cut potatoes on the foil.
- 5Place one tsp of minced garlic directly in the center (no need to spread around).
- 6Cover potatoes in Oregano.
- 7Sprinkle generously with dried onion.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9+ I also like to use garlic pepper instead of just regular pepper.
- 10Place one more tablespoon of butter on top of potato mound you just created.
- 11Roll up into a secure foil "pocket"
- 12Keep all seems facing up, no need to turn over.
- 13Repeat with the second batch of 5 potatoes.
- 14Place on grill for about 25 minutes.
- 15Unwrap carefully and eat directly out of foil pockets!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red New Potatoes on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g