Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmm. I wrap these potatoes in aluminum foil and throw them right on the grill with my meats. I use red/new potatoes, but this recipe can be used with yukon, gold, or any variation. I also used dried onion in the jar, because of ease and the flavor is just as good, however, fresh onion is wonderful too! I also use olive oil for a healthiner option in lieu of butter, but the butter sure does taste a little better!
- 10 small red potatoes (seperate into 2 batches)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- dried onion flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- aluminum foil
- Cut new potatoes in thirds, half if you like them thicker.
- Place two sheets of foil (about 20 inches long) cross ways.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter directly on the foil.
- Place 5 of the cut potatoes on the foil.
- Place one tsp of minced garlic directly in the center (no need to spread around).
- Cover potatoes in Oregano.
- Sprinkle generously with dried onion.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- + I also like to use garlic pepper instead of just regular pepper.
- Place one more tablespoon of butter on top of potato mound you just created.
- Roll up into a secure foil "pocket"
- Keep all seems facing up, no need to turn over.
- Repeat with the second batch of 5 potatoes.
- Place on grill for about 25 minutes.
- Unwrap carefully and eat directly out of foil pockets!
great recipe. Ended up putting it in the oven due to grill malfunction. cooked in oven at 350 for 30 min. Amazing flavor. Thank you!