Recipe by Sharon123
A wonderful oil courtesy of Edward Tuson and Peter Zambri, co-chefs, Sooke Harbour House, Sooke, British Columbia. Use in salad dressings, rice or pasta, use your imagination! :D Cook time is marinating time.
- 2 cups red nasturtium petals (or petals-other colors may be used too)
- 1 cup safflower oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 garlic clove, skinned (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth and colorful, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar and let sit for 2 days in a cool, dark place. The petals will settle to the bottom.
- You may strain and use the clean oil, or stir and use with the flower petals.