Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple, yet delicious recipe. I found it in a book by Diane Mott Davidson. Her culinary mysteries are as divine as the recipes included in them. If you like strawberry cheesecake and light and fluffy cookies; you will love these.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 36 small ripe strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with the cream cheese until well blended.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla, then stir in the flour until well mixed.
- Using a ½ tablespoon, shape the mixture into small balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Make small indentations with your thumb.
- Carefully place strawberry half, seed side up in each indentation.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until very lightly brown. Cool on racks.
- Side note: I found that I only needed to bake them for 10 minutes to get the right "light-brown" color needed .