Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tender,..but time will vary with each roast. That's the Game game.
Make and share this Red Mountain Barbecued Bear recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bear roast
- Mix all sauce ingredients except ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place bear roast in oven at 325 degrees.
- Roast 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Baste frequently with sauce.