Prep1 hr 30 mins
Its red, its good, and you will want more! This recipe is a time saver. It uses chicken, but if you like you can use beef or lamb. I suggest making it double. Its that good.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or more)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 1⁄4 lb chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thin tiny pieces pasta
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (or full)
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- Mix all spices in a small cup. Set Aside.
- In a food processor, puree all veggies.
- Fry garlic and lentils in oil for 2 minutes in a pan.
- Add Veggie Puree to pan. Sauté on med/high heat for 15 minutes. Stir once in awhile.
- Meanwhile, chop meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In Large stew Pot: Combine 2 c water, chopped meat, tomato sauce, pasta pieces and sauté mixture.
- Bring to a light boil. Let it all cook for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add spices, chickpeas and 1 more c water.
- Dissolve flour in 2/3c water. Add to stew. Cook 10 more minutes.
- Add Milk. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Squeeze in fresh lemon and turn off.