1/6 Photos of Red Moroccan Harira
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Its red, its good, and you will want more! This recipe is a time saver. It uses chicken, but if you like you can use beef or lamb. I suggest making it double. Its that good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1Mix all spices in a small cup. Set Aside.
- 2In a food processor, puree all veggies.
- 3Fry garlic and lentils in oil for 2 minutes in a pan.
- 4Add Veggie Puree to pan. Sauté on med/high heat for 15 minutes. Stir once in awhile.
- 5Meanwhile, chop meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 6In Large stew Pot: Combine 2 c water, chopped meat, tomato sauce, pasta pieces and sauté mixture.
- 7Bring to a light boil. Let it all cook for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- 8Add spices, chickpeas and 1 more c water.
- 9Dissolve flour in 2/3c water. Add to stew. Cook 10 more minutes.
- 10Add Milk. Cook 5 more minutes.
- 11Squeeze in fresh lemon and turn off.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Moroccan Harira
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 1437.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: