Recipe by Rhonda *J*
This is not your usual macaroni salad....there is no Miracle Whip in this. When i first saw it i was a little put off because of the looks of it, but was sooo surprised when i tasted it!!Glad i did! Tasty & a nice change.(I put 1 day for cook time as this is best made ahead of time,i am guessing on servings also as it depends on the appetites and the venue!)
Top Review by Fluffy
I made this salad to take to a pool party today. It was a nice change from the usual mayo or Italian dressing macaroni salad. Everyone really enjoyed it. I will certainly make this one again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (1 lb) box elbow macaroni, cooked,drained & cooled
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, sliced small (up to one cup can be used)
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine your macaroni& diced veggies.
- (first 6 ingredients.) In another bowl, combine sauce ingredients, blending well.
- (or combine them in a covered container and shake well.) Pour sauce over the macaroni& vegetables.
- Mix well& chill.
- This can be made up to a day before for fullest flavour.
- Great for a BBQ!
- May be kept 3-4 days in refrigerator.