Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received an email today from Recipe Robot and this is one of the featured recipes.
Make and share this Red Lobster's Crab Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble crackers between waxed paper with a rolling pin. Reserve just enough crumbs and cheese to top the casserole.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until golden. Slowly add flour, stirring constantly over low heat. When flour is blended, gradually add hot milk (scalded) and blend with a whip. Continue stirring over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add salt, pepper, and sherry and continue stirring in a bowl.
- Mix crab meat, sauce and the extra cracker crumbs and cheese. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle reserved cracker crumbs and cheese on the top of the casserole. Dot the top with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Perfect! Nice balance. Brings out the crab wonderfully without being overpowering. Just the right amount of sauce and lovely crunchy crumbs on top! I topped it with green onions.
This was pretty good. We made the mistake of adding twice the amount of crab, so ours was not as creamy / saucy as I would like.. but we will definately try this one again with the correct amount of crab meat! Thanks for posting