Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes, www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely-shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine parsley flakes
- 1⁄3 cup crabmeat (fresh or canned lump)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine baking mix, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, milk, and 1 half of the melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Mix by hand until well-combined.
- Pat out the dough into circle approximately 8 inches in diameter, with a slight lip around the edge, like a pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top of the dough.
- Be sure the dried parsley flakes are crushed fine. You can easily crush the flakes in a small bowl with your thumb and forefinger.
- Sprinkle the crab over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the crab.
- Don’t go all of the way to the edge of the dough -- leave a margin of a half-inch or so around the edge.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to slightly brown.
- Combine the remaining butter with the garlic powder and brush it over the top of the bake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Slice it like a pizza into 8 pieces and serve hot.