Recipe by lazyme
This sauce goes well with swordfish, salmon, Mahi Mahi, shark, tuna, and even catfish. You can make this lower in fat by using margarine and a low fat milk.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly-sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup picante salsa
- 2 tablespoons fish blackening seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a pan and saute mushrooms, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan melt two tablespoon of butter and stir in the flour until dissolved.
- Add chicken stock, cream, garlic and pepper, stirring constantly cook until sauce thickens.
- Do not boil.
- Once thickened reduce heat, cover, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add picante sauce, blackening seasoning, and sauteed mushrooms, heat through.
- Hold warm until ready to serve.
- Serve over grilled or broiled fish.