Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce goes well with swordfish, salmon, Mahi Mahi, shark, tuna, and even catfish. You can make this lower in fat by using margarine and a low fat milk.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly-sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup picante salsa
- 2 tablespoons fish blackening seasoning
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a pan and saute mushrooms, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan melt two tablespoon of butter and stir in the flour until dissolved.
- Add chicken stock, cream, garlic and pepper, stirring constantly cook until sauce thickens.
- Do not boil.
- Once thickened reduce heat, cover, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add picante sauce, blackening seasoning, and sauteed mushrooms, heat through.
- Hold warm until ready to serve.
- Serve over grilled or broiled fish.