Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The is a copy cat recipe of the Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. I love them but Red Lobster doesn't carry them any more. they are quite easy to make.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain completely.
- Mix potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth.
- When smooth, add butter and blend. Add cream, a little at a time and beat; add sour cream and blend. Add cheese, salt and pepper and blend again.
We love mashed potatoes and this was a good one. Made with meatloaf for PARTY 2009.