Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copycat recipe that is really good kids! Double or triple if you like.
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 broiled lobster tail
- cooked shrimp
- crusty bread
- 1 diced roasted red pepper (optional)
- Combine everything but the lobster tail, shrimp, crusty bread in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until melted.
- stir occasionally.
- When melted, stir in the lobster meat or shrimp meat.
- Garnish with red pepper if desired and serve with the crusty bread.
I think the flavor is great. I do however, think it might be better if it was a bit thicker.
A huge part of this recipe is that the bread is sour dough, it gives it so much flavor. Also, Red Lobster used langostino, crab, and petite shrimp. With this dish it is the little things that make the big difference. They also do not cook the cheese and the seafood together. The seafood is added to the bowl and the cheese is added on top and given a quick stir. Try some of these changes and you might have a different outcome. (I worked at Red Lobster for over a year)
My husband and I loved this!! We bought 2 baguette's from the store and sliced them up in about 1" slices or so, and dunked away :) I didn't use lobster because I am not a big fan of it, but found a small 4 oz bag of frozen salad shrimp at the store and tossed that in. This was so good on a cold winter day. A little bit of a kick from the cyanne pepper and it just warms you all over. It's a little thin - as many cheese dips are maybe adding less milk would help. May try that next time. But all in all - it was Awesome just as it was :)