This is a copycat recipe, but it's delicious. I used a pinot grigio wine but you could substitute chicken broth if you didn't want to use alcohol.
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (I added more!)
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 158.51 ml clam juice (or chicken broth)
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1.23 ml dried basil, crushed
- 1.23 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 226.79 g pasta, cooked and drained, I used linguine
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; reduce heat to low. Simmer until garlic is tender.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium-low heat until opaque. Remove, reserve liquid in pan.
- Add clam juice (or chicken broth) and bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium high heat for three (3) minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stirring until smooth. Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp back in to sauce. Heat thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Put pasta in a large bowl and pour sauce over pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.