This is a copycat recipe, but it's delicious. I used a pinot grigio wine but you could substitute chicken broth if you didn't want to use alcohol.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (I added more!)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2⁄3 cup clam juice (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained, I used linguine
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; reduce heat to low. Simmer until garlic is tender.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium-low heat until opaque. Remove, reserve liquid in pan.
- Add clam juice (or chicken broth) and bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium high heat for three (3) minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stirring until smooth. Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp back in to sauce. Heat thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Put pasta in a large bowl and pour sauce over pasta; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.