Recipe by Carmen B.
This can be served as an appetizer or along side a main dish. Not sure of the serving size.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I didn't care for these too much. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove the scallops from the marinade before pouring the melted butter on them and baking or if I was supposed to pour the melted butter on them in the marinade pan and then bake them in that same pan. I left the scallops in the pan and poured the butter on them and then baked. The bacon on the understand of the scallops (in the marinade) never really cooked. I guess I should have turned the scallops during cooking to get all sides of the bacon cooked. In my opinion there are much better scallop recipes on this site.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄3 lb bacon
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon in half and wrap each half around a scallop.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Mix together wine and lemon juice.
- Pour over scallops in a shallow dish.
- Marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Pour melted butter over scallops.
- Sprinkle with paprika and seasoning salt.
- Bake at 400* for 15- 20 minutes.