Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be served as an appetizer or along side a main dish. Not sure of the serving size.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄3 lb bacon
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cut bacon in half and wrap each half around a scallop.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Mix together wine and lemon juice.
- Pour over scallops in a shallow dish.
- Marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Pour melted butter over scallops.
- Sprinkle with paprika and seasoning salt.
- Bake at 400* for 15- 20 minutes.
I didn't care for these too much. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove the scallops from the marinade before pouring the melted butter on them and baking or if I was supposed to pour the melted butter on them in the marinade pan and then bake them in that same pan. I left the scallops in the pan and poured the butter on them and then baked. The bacon on the understand of the scallops (in the marinade) never really cooked. I guess I should have turned the scallops during cooking to get all sides of the bacon cooked. In my opinion there are much better scallop recipes on this site.
tasted just like the restaurant's! great :)