Todd Wilbur- TSR www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Menu description "a flaky white fish backed with fresh tomatoes & parmesan, served with rice"
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut fish into 4 (two per serving), and place fillets in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Brush the top of each fillet with butter, squeeze little lemon juice on the fish, then sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the top of each fillet.
- Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices over top of each fillet.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each tomato slice. Each slice should be about half covered.
- Bake the fish, uncovered, for 8 minutes, then turn oven to a high broil and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese on tomatoes begins to brown.
- Serve two pieces of fish per serving with rice on the side.
I made this a few nights ago with Haddock Filet, nothing special Just cheap and frozen. I dont eat fish often but this was just amazing!! Im making it again tonight with Cod FIlets. I also sprinkled Bread crumbs over the top.. It gave it a little something extra, but It did not need it!
Cod is not typically a flavorful fish, it can take on the flavor of how ever, whatever you cook it with/on it. I made this dish with the hope of coming up with something that kicked the cod up a knotch. This recipe did just that - not sure if you really need the slice of tomato on the fish when cooking but I followed the instructions. Flavorful, easy and quick to make. Had it with some rice and a green salad - quick, delicious and healthy.
Quick, easy and delicious!! I followed the recipe but I didn't have tomato slices, so I used diced can tomatoes. I also added in the pan , around the fish, thick slices of onion and mushrooms, I poured some of the butter and the spice mixture over them as well, then served with rice. a BIG hit with the family, I will be making this again and again, next time, I will try with talapia.