Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Todd Wilbur- TSR www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Menu description "a flaky white fish backed with fresh tomatoes & parmesan, served with rice"
Top Review by Kamden & Alyssas Mommy
I made this a few nights ago with Haddock Filet, nothing special Just cheap and frozen. I dont eat fish often but this was just amazing!! Im making it again tonight with Cod FIlets. I also sprinkled Bread crumbs over the top.. It gave it a little something extra, but It did not need it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut fish into 4 (two per serving), and place fillets in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Brush the top of each fillet with butter, squeeze little lemon juice on the fish, then sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the top of each fillet.
- Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices over top of each fillet.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over each tomato slice. Each slice should be about half covered.
- Bake the fish, uncovered, for 8 minutes, then turn oven to a high broil and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cheese on tomatoes begins to brown.
- Serve two pieces of fish per serving with rice on the side.