Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Please use real maple syrup in this dish. This turned out very good for me.
- Make the maple-cherry glaze by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat barbecue grill to high.
- Skewer 6 shrimps on each of 4 skewers.
- Brush the shrimp with a little melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon for 2 to 3 minutes per side until done and grill shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Brush the shrimp and salmon with maple-cherry glaze and serve.
My sister requested this dish for her birthday as it is her favorite at Red Lobster. She said this recipe tasted very similar. Everyone enjoyed it. We halved the sugar as we don't like our sauces too sweet. This worked out great. I'm putting this in my keeper file since my sister said she would like to have it again. Thanks for posting!
This is the only thing I eat at Red Lobster (the kids in my family love that place - ugh). Anyway, I can testify that this is close to the original (actually better since Red Lobster will sometimes overcook the fish). The sauce seemed a little sweet on its own, but with the fish it was perfect. Thank you for putting this out there.
Do not have words to describe how delicious this was. A gourmet treat that was oh so easy! Served with your Fried Risotto Cakes. Loved it all. Made for 2010 PAC