Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lower fat version of the cheddar bay biscuit recipes.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 slices of kraft fat free sharp cheddar cheese (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic salt
- Combine the Bisquick, milk and cheese.
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix butter and garlic salt melt in microwave.
- Pour butter mixture over the biscuits after done baking.
This was pretty good. It wasn't quite as flaky as I like my biscuits(could have been caused by the adjustments I made), but it went well with homemade veggie soup. I used homemade baking mix and lowfat butter to further reduce the fat in this recipe. I used garlic granules instead of salt on top. I like the idea of using the cheese slices. Basically, an easy recipe with a lowfat twist. Made for PAC Fall '07