Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this idea to re-create "Red Lobsters "Lobster Pizza" because it was SO GOOD.... so I went to Red Lobster site to see if they offered the recipe and sure enough, there it was, so I went to the store and bought everything I needed and went home and made it... uhmm good! Great lunch or snack. or appetizer if a couple friends come over. Enjoy! Great with beer.
- 10 inch flour tortillas (per pizza)
- 28.34 g Land O Lakes roasted garlic butter with oil
- 29.58 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 113.39 g drained roma tomatoes, diced 3/8-inch (approx. 2-3 tomatoes)
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, cut in 1/8-inch julienne strips
- 56.69 g lobster meat, cut in 1/2-inch - 3/4-inch chunks
- 118.29 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly brush entire topside of tortilla with garlic butter (edge to edge).
- Sprinkle two tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the garlic butter.
- After draining the diced tomatoes, sprinkle evenly over Parmesan cheese.
- To julienne the basil, wash it and shake off excess water. Pick off leaves and stack on top of one another. Using a chef's knife, cut into 1/8" strips. Do not chop. Sprinkle evenly over the diced tomatoes.
- Make sure lobster meat is cut into 1/2" - 3/4" chunks. Portion lobster meat, drain it unless it's fresh off the tail and then sprinkle it evenly over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Italian six-cheese blend evenly over the diced tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Brush a pizza pan lightly with vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with ground black pepper and kosher salt. (This prep is essential!).
- When oven is ready, place pizza on pan and cook approximately four to five minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into eight wedges.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over pizza for extra flavor and serve.
- Chef's Tip:.
- Be sure you DRAIN the tomatoes and the lobster meat before sprinkling them over the pizza shell. Otherwise your pizza will turn out soggy.
- I like to use a oblong pizza or cookie sheet so I can make a few at a time. I use Large 10" shells, or you can make personal pan pizzas with the small ones, just cut down the ingredients.
I made this pizza as an appetizer for DH's backyard barbeque birthday party. He LOVES Red Lobster's lobster pizza, and this tasted just like it! I did make a few adjustments to suit our own taste--I used tomato-basil flour tortillas spread with a base of olive oil, minced garlic and a dash of tarragon instead of garlic spread. Also, I used fresh thinly sliced roma tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes. Then I followed the rest of the recipe and directions as written. The pizza turned out crispy on the bottom with a wonderfully flavorful topping. Soooo good! Thanks for sharing!
This is fantastic and very easy. My husband and I used to go to Red Lobster to eat it and now we make it at home about every 1-2 weeks. Very good. Lobster is expensive but still very good on the pizza, so I have made it with chicken too. One pizza I made with Frank's Buffalo sauce mixed with cooked chicken and the other with Kraft Original BBQ sauce. I like the buffalo chicken the best. If you don't have fresh basil,use dried basil, the fresh basil really makes the pizza. For chicken instead, I baked one piece of boneless chicken breast in a glass pan, lightly sprayed with cooking spray, and drizzled a little bit of buffalo wing sauce on it, Bake on 400 for 15-20 minutes, cut open see if cooked throughly, then I shredded and pulled apart the chicken with my hands and then pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken and mix with hands, add the amount of sauce to your liking, I normally make it pretty pink so that I can taste the buffalo sauce. Now you can proceed with making the pizza as normal. Also I did not have garlic butter, so just use regular butter melted with garlic powder, make sure to brush edge to edge. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil for brushing the bottom of the cooking stone and make sure to let the stone preheat.While the stone is preheating, make the pizza and refrigerate. Try the recipe it is excellent. My husband's family loves Red Lobster's Lobster Pizza and I made this for them and now they are hooked. It's delicious!!
Yum! This was amazing, and we loved it! I did make my a whole wheat pizza pie, but other then that, stayed true to the recipe. It was d e l i s h! :) Just go and make it. It's easy, fun, and you will be happy. :) Thanks for posting!