Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A copy cat recipe of my favorite Red Lobster Appetizer!
Make and share this Red Lobster Hot Crab Spinach Artichoke Dip Copycat Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g lump crab (phillips)
- 85.04-283.49 g frozen chopped spinach
- 340.19 g artichoke hearts
- 1064.65 ml milk
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, divided
- 236.59 ml asiago cheese
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 8.62 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml ground mustard
- 73.94 ml butter
- 89.90 ml flour
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped )
- Thaw spinach and drain very well!
- Heat milk and all spices on med. heat ( do not boil) Reduce heat and simmer Sauté onion and 1 tablespoon butter until translucent about 8 minute.
- Add to milk mixture.
- Melt remaining butter and add flour, making a roux , about 3-4 minutes. Add to milk mixture on low heat Add cheese, except 1/2 cup Montery Jack for topping. Keep on very low heat careful not to burn, stir until melted Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes Drain artichokes and cut into small pieces Add spinach and artichokes to mixture and blend well.
- Finally, add lump crab with large spoon. Fold in gently.
- Pour into 11x9x2 casserole pan and top with remaining Monterey jack cheese. Bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips warmed in the oven and pico de gallo!
This was really good! But also very rich as most dips. We had this with tortilla chips. Great flavor with the slight tang of the artichokes and spinach. We had it at family party and everybody liked it!!! Thanks for posting!
Bad recipe. Tastes good, but absolutely will not thicken up if you follow the directions as written. First. Add the liquid to the roux, not the other way around. That'll help. But even so, you're probably going to have to add an egg or two to make a custard. That, or cut down on the milk. Eventually, I rescued this recipe, but it took far too much time and effort.
recipe good but does not say when to add the asiago cheese