1/3 Photos of Red Lobster Hot Crab Spinach Artichoke Dip Copycat Recipe
1 hr 30 mins
Alley Barbie's Note:
A copy cat recipe of my favorite Red Lobster Appetizer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crab (phillips)
- 3 -10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/8 cup flour
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (finely chopped )
- 1Thaw spinach and drain very well!
- 2Heat milk and all spices on med. heat ( do not boil) Reduce heat and simmer Sauté onion and 1 tablespoon butter until translucent about 8 minute.
- 3Add to milk mixture.
- 4Melt remaining butter and add flour, making a roux , about 3-4 minutes. Add to milk mixture on low heat Add cheese, except 1/2 cup Montery Jack for topping. Keep on very low heat careful not to burn, stir until melted Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes Drain artichokes and cut into small pieces Add spinach and artichokes to mixture and blend well.
- 5Finally, add lump crab with large spoon. Fold in gently.
- 6Pour into 11x9x2 casserole pan and top with remaining Monterey jack cheese. Bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes.
- 7Serve with tortilla chips warmed in the oven and pico de gallo!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lobster Hot Crab Spinach Artichoke Dip Copycat Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 833.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: