This is my version of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I think they have more flavor than the restaurant's. I won a recipe contest in our local newspaper with these biscuits. Everyone who tries them ALWAYS ask for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Mix garlic salt, dry mustard and cayenne into flour. (I like to use a wire whisk).
- Cut in Crisco or butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Fold in cheese.
- Add milk and mix gently.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto buttered cookie sheet. (I like to use a mini ice cream scoop).
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- *Note~ I recently rolled and cut these biscuits out because I wanted a 'pretty' result for a party, they did not rise well and turned out to be hard flat discs.