Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderful on a cold night.
- 14.79 ml onion, minced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 453.59 g dungeness crabmeat (thawed if necessary)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 113.39 g parsley, chopped
- Saute onion in butter. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and half-and-half; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Break crab into chunks; add to broth. Salt to taste. Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley.
Great base for crab bisque. I added some Old Bay seasoning, pepper, and green onions.