Recipe by papergoddess
Posted in reply to a request.
Top Review by nyusupergirl07
I love this dish!! It is a great appetizer and feeds up to 5 people comfortably. The recipe calls for crab meat so I used the canned crab meat. (You can find this next to the Tuna.) When I first made them they were really good, but they were a little dry. So I melted some butter and basted the tops after they came out of the oven. And they turned out perfect!! The second time I made them I used a lot of butter while I sauteed the veggies. The recipe also calls for two cups of oyster crackers, but instead I used a cup and a half. This really balanced the recipe out more. So when I pulled them out of the oven they were really soft and moist, and delicious!! I will definitely be using this recipe again!!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 2 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400deg F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps aside, and chop half of the stems.
- Saute chopped mushroom stems,celery, onion and pepper in butter for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cool in refrigerator.
- Combine sauteed vegetables and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in a sprayed or buttered baking pan stem side up.
- Spoon 1 tsp stuffing into each mushroom cap.
- Cover with a piece of sliced cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly brown.