Recipe by AFWifey
My favorite from Red Lobster.
Top Review by stull
This is are excellent! I only added 1Tbls roasted red pepper and I used left over king and snow crab from dinner last night from Red Lobster, and I rolled them in crushed club crackers. They were delicous. Even my picky husband loved them. Thank you for the great recipe. They were really simple to do.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons oil, for sauteing
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
- Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
- Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in diameter.
- Place on crumbs, gently flatten the balls of crab mixture & round the edges. Form the cakes about one-half inch thick & three inches round.
- In a sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Gently slide in two crab cakes at a time.
- Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
- Turn down heat and simmer crab cakes another 5-8 minutes.