Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite from Red Lobster.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons oil, for sauteing
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
- Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
- Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in diameter.
- Place on crumbs, gently flatten the balls of crab mixture & round the edges. Form the cakes about one-half inch thick & three inches round.
- In a sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Gently slide in two crab cakes at a time.
- Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
- Turn down heat and simmer crab cakes another 5-8 minutes.
This is are excellent! I only added 1Tbls roasted red pepper and I used left over king and snow crab from dinner last night from Red Lobster, and I rolled them in crushed club crackers. They were delicous. Even my picky husband loved them. Thank you for the great recipe. They were really simple to do.
These crab cakes are delicious! I added some diced green pepper along with the onion and celery. I also used imtation crabmeat and grinded it up in my food processor and added when stated in the recipe. Turned out wonderful! I have never had these at a Red Lobster resturant so I can't say it does or does not taste like theirs. This recipe is good in our opinion here at our house. Thanks for sharing the recipe!