Recipe by zeldaz51
From Facebook, of all places. Full disclosure: I have not made this, but I thought there might be some interest here so I decided to post it. Let me know how it works out for you.
Top Review by Xynara D.
Ever since i first tasted these biscuits i became instantly hooked! There is no red lobster in Holland, this recipe is perfect! I didn't have any shortening, so i used Butter instead. Followed the recipe to the T and it was oohh soo Yummy! It's also handy to use a cupcake pan if you have no cookie sheets! works just as perfect and gives the biscuits shape!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon granulated garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil. In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. (And optional garlic granules) Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture, this will help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture, stir until just combined, do not over stir. Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.