Prep 22 mins
Cook 10 mins
My copycat recipe for Red Lobster's "Cheddar Bay Biscuits".
- 473.18 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 7.39 ml yellow masa harina
- 29.58 ml grated cold butter
- 118.29 ml shredded medium-sharp cheddar cheese
- 158.51 ml milk
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml water
- 1 beaten egg white
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml lemon & herb seasoning (Old Bay brand only)
- 1.23 ml dried parsley flakes
- 0.59 ml Accent seasoning
- NOTE: OLD BAY WITH LEMON & HERB SEASONING IS OFTEN DISPLAYED BY FISH AND SEAFOOD IN MOST MAJOR U.S. SUPERMARKET CHAIN BUTCHER DEPARTMENTS (SAFEWAY, ETC.). PLACE oven rack in center position; PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- MEASURE 2 cups Bisquick, then 1/2 tablespoon yellow masa harina into a medium bowl; GRATE 2 tablespoons of cold firm butter using a cheese shredding grate; BLEND baking mix and butter mixture until coarse and crumbly; GRATE 1/2-3/4 cup shredded medium-sharp cheddar cheese into mixture in bowl without stirring (NOTE: DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH CHEESE OR BAKED BISCUITS WILL SCORCH).
- BLEND 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder into 2/3 cup milk; POUR mixture all at once over Bisquick and cheese in bowl; STIR ingredients just until a soft dough forms, without overmixing.
- DROP 9 evenly portioned spoonfuls of dough evenly on baking sheet.
- SEPARATE one egg, reserving the white in a small bowl; WHISK 3 tablespoons water into the bowl for the BEFORE-BAKING BASTE; BRUSH the dough lightly and evenly with this mixture.
- BAKE biscuits on the center rack at 450°F between 8-10 minutes or until golden brown; PROCEED to the next step while biscuits are baking.
- ADD 1/4 cup margarine or butter into a small microwave-safe bowl; MICROWAVE on 100% power for 40 seconds; STIR in the following BASTE ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Lemon & Herb Seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon lightly crushed dried parley flakes, and 1/8 teaspoon Accent seasoning.
- REMOVE baking sheet with biscuits from oven; TURN oven off.
- BRUSH tops of each baked biscuits generously with the AFTER-BAKING BASTE; RETURN baking sheet with basted biscuits to the cooling oven just long enough for baste to "bake" into biscuits (with oven OFF).
- SERVE hot and ENJOY!
This recipe was amazing! I have attempted to make these biscuits a number of times and after trying this one, all the other recipes will be thrown away! They taste JUST like the ones you get at the restaurant!!! Thanks for sharing!
Wow!!! they taste amazing just like em !!!! the only thing is they don't take 22 minutes ha ha but! its worth the 40 !!!!!!!! :p