Recipe by Larkin
My mom sent me this recipe and it really works! I just tried it, and the biscuits were perfect! Some silly people at this website insist that I stole this recipe from them, but I stand by the fact that I have never heard of this group/chef/whatever. This recipe was handed down to me through a bunch of people, but I also don't want to get sued. I think it's silly, but here's the silly link: www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by alligirl
We thoroughly enjoyed this take on RL's cheddar bay biscuits. I appreciate the fact that the addition of the softened butter to the batter made the biscuits just a little 'softer.' These things are sponges and soaked up all the glaze! Perfect! Thanks for sharing a great copycat recipe, Larkin. Made for PAC Fall '12.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (slightly softened)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine biscuit ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, but not too well (chunks are OK).
- Mixing may require a bit of kneading.
- Roll about 1/4 cup of dough to make potential biscuits and place them on a non-greased, non-stick cookie sheet (there should be 12).
- Make sure that they are well-spaced.
- Place biscuits in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
- While the biscuits are in the oven, combine glaze ingredients. Melt the butter at 15 second intervals until it is melted.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven when they are golden brown.
- Pour or brush the glaze onto the biscuits.