1/4 Photos of Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
This is so good. It's shrimp, it's bacon, it's cheese; what's not to like. They had this on the menu as an appetizer for a short time at Red Lobster but when we went back the next time they had quit making it. It does take a little time to make this. I'm not sure where I got this recipe but I've been told it is a variation of Todd Wilbur's Copycat recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to broil.
- 2Make the seasoning blend by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Set this aside.
- 3Make the dipping sauce by combining the ranch dressing with cilantro in a medium bowl.
- 4Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium/high heat, but don't cook it all the way to crispy or brown. About 3 minutes per side.
- 5When bacon is done drain on paper towels.
- 6Shell the shrimp, leaving the last segment of the shell and the tail.
- 7Remove the dark vein from the back of the shrimp, and then cut down into the back of the shrimp, without cutting all the way through, so that the shrimp is nearly butterflied open. (This will make a pocket for the pepper and cheese).
- 8Pour 1 cup of water into a small bowl.
- 9Add the shrimp and jalapeño peppers and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds.
- 10Shrimp should be starting to firm up and change color.
- 11Immediately pour the water out of the bowl, remove the jalapeño slices and pour cold water over the shrimp.
- 12Place the shrimp and jalapeño pepper slices onto paper towels to drain off excess water.
- 13Build the appetizer by cutting the jalapeño slices in half and removing the seeds.
- 14You should now have 6 jalapeño slices. You'll need 5 of these.
- 15Place one slice into the slit on the back of a shrimp.
- 16Cut an inch-long chunk of cheese (about 1/4 inch thick), and place it on the jalapeño slice.
- 17Wrap a piece of bacon around the shrimp, starting where the cheese is.
- 18Start wrapping the thinnest end of the bacon.
- 19Go 1 1/2 times around the shrimp and then cut off the excess bacon and slide a skewer through the shrimp, starting with the end where the cheese is and piercing the cut end of the bacon on the other side.
- 20Repeat with the remaining shrimp and slide them onto the skewer with the tails facing the same direction.
- 21Put the skewer onto a baking sheet or broiler pan and sprinkle a very light coating of the seasoning blend over the shrimp, then broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the bacon begins to brown and the cheese begins to ooze.
- 22Serve over a bed of rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.0
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 1055.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: