Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the "Red Lion Inn" restaurant in Stockbridge, MA. It's spicier than most pumpkin bread recipes and makes two loaves- one for you and one for a good friend.
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄3 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans, 24 muffin cups, or 6 mini loaf pans.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Sift together dry ingredients and spices.
- Add to egg mixture along with nuts and raisins.
- Mix thoroughly and fill pans.
- Bake large loaves for 1 hour, 10 minutes; muffins for 35-40 minutes; and mini loaves for 45 minutes.
- Toothpick inserted in middle should come out clean.
deeeeeeeeelish!! i made some minor adjustments to the spices (minor, minor, and it didn't taste too spicy actually. or maybe cuz i'm too used to spice!)...i didn't add raisins or nuts in because sadly i didn't know we had run out until i mixed the ingredients together...so my mom suggested subbing craisins and that was DELICIOUS. big hit! it just made me think of starbucks hehe :D