Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Busy People's Low-Carb Cookbook by Dawn Hall. I like to do the first part of this early in the day and then toss with the dressing just before serving
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, rinsed clean and torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 5 black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the kind in the bag NOT the grated stuff in the can)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette
- Pat the lettuce dry with clean paper towels or spin the rinsed pieces in the salad spinner until dry.
- Put the clean, dry,torn lettuce in a large glass salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the chopped cucumber, sliced black olives, sliced cherry tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese over the lettuce pieces.
- Do not toss yet.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving toss the salad with the dressing and serve chilled.
- As an added touch chill your salad bowls in the freezer so they will be well chilled for a more special presentation.
- Enjoy !
We loved this salad. At first I was thinking there would be not enough cucumber and tomatoes but when it was tossed it was perfect proportions. The parmesan (use good quality) makes it taste terrific and the Red leaf lettuce was pretty and delicious. I used homemade red wine viniagrette using Red Wine Vinaigrette and it was super in this. I will make this again. LOVED IT! So fresh and tasty. Thanks for posting CHEF RZ Fan! Made for Healthy Choices tag game January 2012. Enjoy! ChefDLH!
For salads, you can't go wrong with this. I did not have olives (or care for them), so omitted them. I used a Raspberry Vinaigrette because it was what I had, but it was simple and tasty. Husband even commented on how good it was. Thank you for sharing.
This is so easy and so good! I used a chunk of Parmesan that I grated and grape tomatoes. Thanks for sharing this keeper!