So easy, very adaptable, easily doubled, and allergy-safe! Enjoy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are packing this in a thermos, pre-heat the thermos by filling it with boiling water and letting it sit while you do the following:.
- 2First, re-constitute the soup with an equal amount of water. Stir well.
- 3Grate the vegetables into the pot. Add the lentils. Season to taste.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Pack into a thermos and go! Or, simmer 2-3 more minutes and eat right away.
- 5Tip: You can grate the vegetables into the pot the night before and leave them there, covered, until ready to go.
- 6Variations: Grate zucchini instead of parsnip. Add minute rice, couscous or cooked pasta. Replace the lentils with canned red beans, pinto beans or black beans.
- 7NOTE: You must use RED lentils in this recipe! Green lentils take much longer to cook. Red lentils cook very quickly.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil Thermos Soup
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 484.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: