Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This smells so good when it is cooking, and tastes even better.
- 1 lb red lentil, washed and presoaked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Presoak lentils in 3 times amount of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes.
- Please drained presoaked lentils in crock pot.
- Add vegetables, water and seasonings.
- Cook on low 8-12 hours.
- Serve as is, or add about a cup of cream for a lovely creamed soup.