1/1 Photo of Red Lentil Soup
I used red lentils for the first time in a recipe I tagged in one of the games and loved them. So I started looking around for other recipes. I found quite a few recipes, and inspired by them, created this soup, using ingredients that I normally have at home. While this is probably 4 servings' worth, I find we generally get only two, as we really love soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the ginger and heat, stirring, for about a minute. Add the ground cumin and stir another 30 seconds.
- 2Add the onion and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the lentils and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- 4Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender or food processor). Add salt and pepper to taste, although I usually do not add any.
- 5Add a squeeze of lemon in each serving, if you wish - I find that it adds a bright note.
- 6Note: A spoonful of plain yogurt is a nice addition.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 16.1 g