Recipe by Terese
I really love this soup. I got the recipe from an old Vogue magazine and I've been making it for nearly 10 years. It's great in winter served with crusty bread. You can make it more heartier by adding an extra onion together with more lentils and stock.
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 3 onions, peeled and chopped finely
- lemon pepper
- 1 can italian tomato, chopped roughly
- 150 g red lentils
- 2 liters chicken stock
- garnish with chopped chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onions over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon pepper to taste, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils and chicken stock, bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 1 and a half hours.
- Tastes great served with crusty bread.