Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and hearty; easy and quick. Another keeper from Suzy Fishbein's Kosher by Design.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 portabella mushroom caps, finely chopped (optional)
- 12 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 2⁄3 cups red lentils
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- In a large pot, saute the onions in the oil over medium heat about 5-7 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes more.
- Add the bouillon, lentils, and tomato paste.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are soft but not mushy.