Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
For a warming winter treat, stir-up this hearty and nutritious soup.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 ounces red lentils
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Put the carrots, celery, red pepper, onion and garlic together in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Tip in the lentils and pour in enough water to cover.
- Add the black pepper, cinnamon, oregano and curry powder and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve.
This soup was delicious! It had the right amount of everything and was extremely flavorful. I left out the red pepper and substituted dry parsley for fresh parsley.