Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Martina Navratilova's book "Shape Yourself." I have not tried this yet, but it looks like a healthy, yummy salad. She suggests it for lunch along with fruit and yogurt. Time to make is a guess, since I haven't made it yet.
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄2 cup dried garbanzo beans (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pea pods, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the lentils, barley, and chickpeas in a large bowl with enough water to cover generously, and soak overnight.
- Drain and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, pea pods, and cilantro.
- Add the oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss.
- Optional: You can add other raw vegetables, as desired, such as sun-dried tomatoes, corn, avocado, etc.
If you like the taste of raw Lima Beans, you'll like this salad. I added 1T of Lime Juice to the recipe, which I think it needed, to give it a little zing.