Recipe by Thorsten
This is a wonderful Mediterranean starter or side dish.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Great recipe! I used dried thyme, too, and omitted the capers but added some lemon zest which indeed is a lovely addition. Thanks for posting!
Made for I've Saved All These Recipes / Diabetes Forum
- 198.44 g red lentils
- 354.88 ml water
- 5-8 sprig thyme (10-12 cm long)
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 51.76 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 black olives
- 4.92 ml capers
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 1 small onion, sliced in rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, lentils and thyme to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes until lentils are soft and water is absorbed (for cooking time: refer also to package directions).
- Remove Thyme Sprigs and mash Lentils.
- Add salt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve warm or cold. Decorate with black olives, capers, cherry tomatoes and onion rings.
- NOTE: Mirj suggested to add some lemon zest to the lentil puree. Thank you Mirj, I think this is a great idea to support a fresh note.