1/1 Photo of Red Lentil Pilaf
A tastey side dish that goes with anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons trimmed and chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup seeded, diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup peeled, diced carrot
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup dried red lentil
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine the veggies in a heavy frying pan.
- 2Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until the green onion wilts Add the lentils, chicken broth, and garlic.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cayenne pepper and parsley.
- 6Take care not to overcook, the lentils should have a crunch.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lentil Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g