A tastey side dish that goes with anything.
Make and share this Red Lentil Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons trimmed and chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup seeded, diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup peeled, diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup peeled, diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup dried red lentil
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the veggies in a heavy frying pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until the green onion wilts Add the lentils, chicken broth, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper and parsley.
- Take care not to overcook, the lentils should have a crunch.